Mike Dubke, White House Communications Director, Has Resigned

0
75

White House Communications Director, Mike Dubke, declared and confirmed his resignation on Tuesday.

Dubke’s resignation

Dubke quit and handed in his resignation on May 18, Axios, who was the first to report the news, said. Dubke has been in this position for only three months.

“It has been my great honor to serve President Trump and this administration. It has also been my distinct pleasure to work side-by-side, day-by-day with the staff of the communications and press departments,” Dubke stated.

Dubke didn’t work on Trump’s campaign and didn’t even know trump before accepting the role.

Dubke to stay until Trump returns from his trip

Axious reported that Dubke proposed to stay until Trump comes back from the first foreign trip since he took office. It lasted nine days.

White House Counsellor Kellyanne Conway said that Dubke resigned earlier this month before Trump goes on his overseas trips.

Dubke “made very clear that he would see through the President’s international trip, and come to work every day and work hard even through that trip because there was much to do here back at the White House,” Conway stated.

Trump arrived to Washington on Saturday from his trio where he visited many countries such as Saudi Arabia, Brussels and Israel.

Trump’s reactions

Trump did not instantly address Dubke’s resignation so Dubke’s last day as hasn’t been decided yet.

“We have a MASSIVE trade deficit with Germany, plus they pay FAR LESS than they should on NATO & military. Very bad for U.S. This will change,” Trump tweeted.

“Russian officials must be laughing at the U.S. & how a lame excuse for why the Dems lost the election has taken over the Fake News.” He tweeted again after a while.

Dubke acceptd this role three month ago after replacing Jason Miller. Nevethless, Dubke’s hiring aided to comfort the burden on White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer, who was a Communications Director.